Thursday, March 05, 2009

stuck here

So because my body is still so worn down and susceptible to getting sick, i basically can't leave the house for at least a month past my transplant. If i do i have to wear a mask anytime i am indoors and i am supposed to stay away from any large group of people. Hopefully that will be over soon. We met with Davis already and my bloodwork looked great. That's good news that i am recovering fast as always. They are planning on having me start radiation as soon as 2 weeks from now. Our hope is that we can do the radiation for a few weeks and then right around the time i am finally ready or able to start traveling or being around crowds then we can go to Houston to visit MD Anderson. We are very excited to see what different therapy's MD Anderson can offer. One of the things they are doing is working to create a vaccine for each individual patient so the cancer does not come back. They are also working to create better ways for your own immune system to actually target the cancer. Rosemary read something that the average person fights cancer at least 3 times, i think was the number, during there lifetime. Most people's immune systems are able to recognize and destroy the cancer. In my case my system was not able to. The hope is that in doing the transplant my system sort of was rebooted. Almost like pulling the plug on your computer when it's just not running right. That's why they had to take me to the brink of dying as far as my immune system goes and then brought everything back with new stem cells. But on top of the transplant we would like to further that by some of the treatments MD Anderson offers that no one else in the area is working on at this point. Still having some side effects from all the drugs. My entire body is still a bit shaky and especially my hands are numb. It's been two weeks as of today since i have had the morphine so i hope soon that, that wears off and takes care of the problem. Also having weird pain in my feet. It could be walking more since being home and another thought was that all the nervous anxious tapping i have been doing coming off the morphine might have made my feet sore. It will be awhile until i am not bruising and getting tired or sore from just about everything i do. So there's a couple things to keep praying about. Other than that Just trying to relax and rest so i get ready sooner to get moving. Can't wait in two weeks to have the pic in my arm pulled out. Might be able to go swing a golf club finally again in a couple weeks. That would sure put a smile on my face. See ya

No comments:

I'm Too Young For This!

Music Player


Check out Mp3Crib.com to get your own music player.