Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Schedule is In

So I realize it's been awhile, sorry. I finally have a better picture of everything happening and a hard schedule. We are finally going forward with the stem cell transplant. This means i have about 3 weeks of prep and testing to get ready. Basically i have to have another port put in my chest that will be large enough to get the stem cells out. Then all next week they will use a special dialysis type machine to take the stem cells from my blood. Two weeks after that on December 4th i will be admitted to the UC Davis Med center to have the transplant and a weeks worth of high dose chemotherapy. If all goes well I will get out on Christmas day and hopefully after a few weeks of recovery be back up and moving around. Obviously the hope is this will be the last round of chemo i have to do, ever. I'm not looking forward at all to my personal bubble time but if it does what it should i guess it will be worth it. It's somewhat frustrating though to think of other things we have done to this point that should have worked but haven't. So I guess i am fearful at least a bit that it could all be a waste. But I also know it's the best choice and the next thing to do in my treatment. If it does work though this could all be finally over, at least the chemo side of things. In other news the 66 Mustang is almost done. It's seems like we just bought it not that long ago. The things my Dad can do with a car is amazing. Its looks awesome and is going to drive even better. I'm going to put some pictures up on my flickr soon so you can go over and look at them. The new service at lakeside is going awesome so far too. It's great having a church community again that we can really belong to and believe in. It's just so nice for me to have an outlet for worship and music. I get so excited and hopeful leading people to worship. I have always believed that God was going to use me for some great purpose involving music. Now more than ever it's clear to me that, that's what I should be doing. Especially when playing music and leading worship has helped so much in getting through the past year. Ok so that's enough for tonight. Surgery tomorrow to give me more Borg plugs. See ya

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Just a quick note to let you know that we're praying for you and your family. We recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of Chelsey's stem cell transplant...she's cancer-free, healthy, and happy! We've watched God move mountains in her life, and are praying that He does the same in yours. He IS the Master Physician...rest in Him ;o)
In His abundant and perfect love,
Glen and Pamela Brooks

I'm Too Young For This!

Music Player


Check out Mp3Crib.com to get your own music player.